In the countryside of Zibello, in the village of Ardola, there is a temple consecrated to Saint Rocco, which testify an extraordinary event happened in 1746, in occasion of a dreadful epidemic plague.
In a hot day of July, many devoted people gather in front of the building that was, at the time, the oratory of Saint Rocco – it was placed right where today is the sanctuary – to pray and ask the saint for blessing, in order to end the plague, once for good. Suddenly, in front of the astonished eyes of those persons, two springs of water flowed right there where earlier was just a small trench.
Obviously, everyone defined that event as extraordinary and unexpected, because it had happened in the middle of the summer and in a time of dryness. Quickly the people began to water their breeding animals, that were hit by the plague, at those springs, and they healed immediately. The rumor about the miracle of the double spring spread quickly and many devoted people came from the close villages to pray and celebrate Saint Rocco. In a short time, they could collect money enough to build a new temple, finished three years later.
Today, in front of the church, there still existing two wells. There is also a report, wanted by the bishop who was in Fidenza at the time, which confirms the miracle and describes the healing happened immediately after, with the names of the ill people.